Here you will find information and forms for the paragliding ratings.
Aviation Radio Operator (ARO rating)
How to get the NZHGPA ARO rating to operate airband radio for HG and PG flying in New Zealand.
1. Download and read TM01 – ARO Aviation Radio Operator Manual and Study Guide
2. Once you’re ready to do the theory test Online ARO Test. (Password: nzhgpa)
3. Once completed the test successfully, keep a copy of the certificate.
4. Contact one of the practical examiners listed here
5. Take your theory certificate and OPMF35 – ARO Aviation Radio Operator to the examiner when you do the practical test.
6. Send the signed form AND the ARO certificate (preferably a scan emailed) to the administrator who will add ARO to your online ratings.
NOTE: To become an ARO examiner, applicants must email a copy of their CAA Flight Radiotelephone Operator to Admin.
This handbook is designed to help instructors have a better understanding of the NZHGPA framework, as well as Government Acts that they may operate under.
This is a resource containing teaching techniques specific to the aviation environment. This has been adpated to suit HG and PG from the CAA instructors guide.