News and Events
It’s that time of year again when we look skywards and excitement grows of great flights to come!
Before we head into the new flying season, let’s remind ourselves about making safer decisions when we go flying. Spring can produce the most active and changeable air while you are at your lowest level of currency and skill. The most critical phase of flight is during take-off and landing, so focus on your pre-flight preparation including the weather forecast and give yourself more height to judge wind direction before final approach to landing.
Above all, take note of the little warnings in your own mind or from others. Adopt the buddy system and look after each other.
If you haven’t flown all winter then it is a good idea to go out and do some ground handling at an easy site.
Please fully read this for complete instructions.
- If you have any issues during the renewal period, please contact [email protected] with your details and what problems you have.
- You will need to know your login (usually your email address) and your password.
If you have forgotten your password – click HERE to reset
- This year the NZHGPA National Fee is $255 plus your local club fee.
The Renewal fee is for the NZHGPA flying season which ends on 31 October 2024. There is no shorter membership period.
- There is no early bird discount – so please do not pay less than the required amount – your membership will not be renewed unless it is paid in full.
- Please take the time during the process to fully check your postal address – please test it in the NZ Post Address Checker, and enter it into your profile the same format
- Check your Airborn Magazine Delivery – NZ, Overseas or None
- Payment Methods: Either by Paypal, or Bank Deposit. The quickest way is via paypal, however, if you do wish to pay by Bank Deposit, please ensure you put the Invoice Number in the Reference, and your Pilot PIN in Particulars. It makes it easier to see who the payment is for.
- You do not get a new membership card for the year – its the same one every year unless you get a new rating.
- Please enter your hours count for your ratings, example – PG2 – 23.5 Do NOT used anything except numbers and a decimal point – do do not put in 50+ – it is a CAA requirement to keep a log book so you should know how many hours you have actually flown.
- Please enter the number of Wings you own. There is an explanation for this on the renewal page.
- The renewal period is for November. At the end of November 2023, if you haven’t renewed and paid, your membership will be suspended and your privilege to fly in NZ will be suspended.
- FAI Sports License – We have spoken with Liz from the FAI, and if we get the list to her before the 15th November 2023, she will process them straight away. So your deadline to renew and apply and pay for the FAI Sports license is the 10th November 2023. If you miss this deadline, then you need to apply for the license manually through the FAI website.
Lets get started – click this link: NZHGPA MEMBERSHIP RENEWAL
Ngā mihi nui,